Working in collaboration with Evolve Psychotherapy and Adelong Outdoor Education, Breathe Outdoors offers young people, who are struggling with their mental health, space and support in a natural environment.
In our ever-changing modern lives there is a tendency to disconnect from the outdoors and nature having a negative impact on our lives. Breathe Outdoors’ aim is to reconnect people to outdoor environments and themselves; through direct, positive and challenging experiences within outdoor adventurous activities, self-development and wellbeing can be encouraged.
Under the close support and guidance of experienced practitioners Adventure Therapy is a powerful vehicle for change and development. It can strengthen our innate connection with nature and the outdoors, which holds multiple benefits including;
– enhanced personal and social communication skills.
– increased physical health.
– enhanced mental and spiritual health.
– enhanced spiritual, sensory, and aesthetic awareness.
– the ability to assert personal control and increased sensitivity to one’s own well-being.
Health, Well-Being and Open Space, Literature Review by Nina Morris, OPENspace Research Centre, (2003).